MEDIA INDEPENDENT PRACTITIONERS ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIA (MIPAN) MEMBERSHIP QUALIFICATIONS
Any Nigerian limited liability company shown to be reputable and to have existed for at least 3 years (reduced to One year during the last Exco meeting held in July 2017) and carrying on business as a Media Independent Practitioner is eligible to be a member of the Association provided that:
> The Chief Executive Officer or the Managing Director of the company applying to be a member of the Association shall:
- Not be less than an Associate member of the Advertising Practitioners’ Council of Nigeria (APCON) and
- Possess a minimum of 3 years’ experience of managing a media advertising and marketing business or outfit.
- The Heads of Department (such as Media Planning and Buying; Strategic Planning; and Monitoring & Compliance) of the company applying to be a member of the Association shall be a member of APCON.
- Any company applying to become a member of the Association shall apply in writing to the Association and the written application shall be supported by a resolution of the applicant company authorising the applicant company to apply for membership of the Association.
- The company applying to become a member of the Association shall nominate not more than (4) of its Directors and/or Management Staff to represent the applicant company in the Association. Each person nominated to represent the company in the Association shall submit two recently taken passport photographs of himself/herself.
- The Executive Council of the Association shall consider the application for membership and the decision of the Council shall be final provided that where the Council refuses an application for membership, it shall give reasons to the applicant for refusing the application.
- The above criteria are in addition to the assumption that such an organisation has the necessary departments (Planning/Strategy, Buying/Control; Compliance/Research & Finance) and tools for scientific media planning and post campaign analysis – AMPS, RAMS & TAMS or any relevant one.
MIPAN MEMBERS BENEFITS
- To support members in developing and improving advertising and marketing media services delivery through training and workshops at a discount.
- Promotion of highest standards of professional conduct, etiquette and discipline with a view to attaining a standard comparable to any in the world.
- Position members as the only credible set to invite for pitches by reputable marketing companies
- To improve the system of delivery of the professional service through partnership with other service providers.
- Promotion of good relations among the members of the Association and other industry bodies.
- Support members with media houses in rates, discounts and other values management.
- Provide atmosphere for members to attend media advertising conferences, workshops abroad.